Why do Indian Students Prefer Australia to Study?
Australia can be called the land of dreams. Every year a large number of students from India and other parts of the world go to Australia for their higher studies.
Australia is a country which is surrounded by beaches as the country is nothing but an island which makes it very suitable for anyone who wants to live there. Many students who enter the country as international students end up getting permanent residency and stay there permanently. The quality of living is also high compared to other countries of Asia. Indians have ranked Australia No.1 for food, safety, and friendly culture. As per many, Australia provides better education and work-life balance than other countries in the world.
In recent times Indian students are entering Australia more than other countries. Every 3rd international student is an Indian student.
Australia offers nine Major Advantages to an International students
- Friendly and accepting Australians
- Top-quality education
- Internship Availability
- To support international students, the Australian government also allows students to work full time for 2 years after they finish their higher education. Approximately 25% of the Australian population is born overseas, making Australia a diverse country.
- Overseas Students Ombudsman
- Consumer protection laws for the international students
- Tuition Protection Service
- Easy access to student visas
- Work opportunities in all kinds of domain
(Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics)
Among many, some universities are the top choice for Indian students who want to study in Australia.
Here is a list of universities, that are favored by international students:
- Flinders University
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- University Of Melbourne
- Australian National University
- Monash University
- Macquarie University
- Deakin University
- La Trobe University
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Adelaide
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
Rights for the international students in Australia
Australia has a strong right protection system that allows them to have a safer environment than any other country in Asia. Other Asian countries do not come closer when it comes to consumer rights and rights for international students. The laws are supportive and rigorous for international students. As per the Australian Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000, all programs that are offered to overseas students meet stringent government regulations. Every higher education provider in the country is registered with the authority in order to be able to offer and deliver accredited courses and programs. Providers must also pass regular formal quality assurance audits.
Some Facts about Australia
- 47 - 46% of the total population of Australia does not have Australian origin
- Over 80% of its population lives within 100 kilometers of the coast
- 526,932 international students from over 90 countries
- Australia has three times more sheep than humans
- Australia has the largest public tram system in the world
- 4 out of 10 Australians are migrants
- The sports capital of the world has 70% of its total population participating at least once a week in a particular recreational activity or sport
Leave A Comment